- Premium-grade, extreme-pressure gear lube engineered specifically for high-load demands.
- Shear stable in extreme temperatures.
- Provides cushion between metal surfaces that absorbs impact to prevent pitting, scoring and wear.
- Excellent for severe racing applications subject to shock loading, steep angles, high pinions, G-forces and lubricant sling-off.
Use in API GL-5, hypoid gear applications that require higher-viscosity oil, including off-road race trucks, rock racers and crawlers, competition tractors, funny cars, dragsters and heavy equipment. Where limited-slip performance is required, use AMSOIL Slip Lock® limited-slip additive.
Protects Against Wear
- Extra-heavy treatment of additives and shear-stable, heavy synthetic base oils promote increased film strength for maximum wear protection.
- Cushions metal surfaces and absorbs impact of moving parts.
- Proprietary extreme-pressure additives form an iron-sulfide barrier on gear surfaces for the ultimate line of defense against wear, pitting and scoring.
Provides Fast Startup Protection
- Does not contain waxes that solidify in the cold inherent to conventional oils, meaning it provides excellent fluidity despite its high viscosity to quickly reach gears and bearings at startup.
- Superior fluidity reduces viscous drag and energy loss, helping drivers put maximum power to the ground.
Clings Tenaciously To Parts
- Specifically engineered for high-horsepower, high-torque conditions where centrifugal gear lube sling-off is encountered.
- Tenacious formulation clings to gears and bearings for maximum protection during shock loading, high G-forces and when ring and pinion gears are run at steep angles.
- Provides excellent reliability and helps extend gear life.
Download Data Bulletin For Complete Product Information G2498